Jeep Patriot 2008 CVT Transmission Problems

“When I accelerate, the car revs up highly, the tack goes to nearly 4k…”

You have described one of the two reasons why I didn’t want a CVT when I purchased my 2011 Outback!
The high-revving nature of a vehicle equipped with a CVT raises the interior noise level as a result, and I do not like a high interior noise level in my car. So–I opted for an Outback with the larger 3.6 liter engine and a “conventional” 5-speed automatic transmission. Every time that I ride in a friend’s 2.5 liter/CVT-equipped Outback, the high noise level reminds that I did the right thing by avoiding the CVT.

The other reason why I didn’t want a CVT is that most repair facilities in the US are still not able to repair CVTs, and in the event of a problem they have to install a new one.

All of that being said, the frequency of repair ratings for the Jeep Patriot do not reveal any significant problem areas, with the exception of “body integrity” (translation–lots of rattles and squeeks), so it does not appear that these transmissions are problematic. As someone else suggested, the only way to know for sure if you have a problem with the transmission is to drive another Jeep Patriot with the CVT. More than likely, you will find the same high-revving, loud nature of the beast.