1999 Nissan Pathfinder - Timing Belt Replacement Questions

Thanks for the info- very helpful. My next question has to do with the radiator. My OTHER '99 Nissan (a Frontier w/ the 3.3L V6) just had the fan clutch and radiator replaced. Labor was very expensive. So, since I live in AZ (extreme climate) and they are both 12 years old and both had the original radiators, should I get the radiator replaced when I do this timing belt on the Pathfinder? I don’t want to have to pay that labor again if that radiator will last me maybe another 3 years?? And since MikeinNH mentioned radiator hoses, I wonder about doing the radiator also, which I have quoted at $320. Also, Mechanic #1 said he saw “stress cracks” in the upper tank. At the time I didn’t ask to see them, that’s just what he told me.

One more thing: I also got a quote from the Nissan dealership. After weeding though a couple of morons, I got a reasonable quote of $714 out-the-door for the belt, tensioner, and waterpump. Given the competiveness of the pricing between Dealer and Mechanic #1(who did not say he’s including tensioner so I expect to pay extra for it) should I favor the dealer?