Ergonomic Seats

The bottom line is that a seat that is ergonomic and comfortable for me might not be the best seat for another person. The best car seats that I ever experienced were on my '74 Volvo, but since the rest of the car was an unmitigated piece of crap, the seats were not sufficient to make it a good car.

Nowadays, many cars have seats that I find to be comfortable, but then again, I have sat in some others that bordered on torture. Only personally testing seat comfort will reveal what is good for you. Even the presence of active lumbar support does not guarantee a comfortable seat, as some lumbar supports are placed too high for some people.

Unfortunately, I see no alternative to the OP actually trying out the seats of every vehicle in which he has some interest. Keep an open mind, as the most comfortable seats for you might be on a sedan, or on an SUV, or even on a truck. Once you have found seats that seem correct for you, then you need to take an extended test drive (preferably more than one extended test drive) in order to see if that comfort still exists after…let’s say…an hour of sitting.