Cars with push button transmission shifters

I suppose that it could have been an import, but–50 years ago, did imports have a console in the middle? Please note that I am not referring to something like an Aston-Martin, a Jaguar, or a Ferrari. Those models may have had a console of sorts, but they most certainly would NOT have had a push button controlled automatic transmission!

The imported sedans that I recall from 50 years ago (Renault Dauphine, VW Beetle, various Fiats, Opels, and Austins) were very small, and although they had a shift lever and an e-brake lever between the seats, there would not have been room for a console!

On a side note, Renault offered a push button controlled automatic transmission on one of their models that succeeded the disasterous Dauphine. This slightly larger, squared-off model (The Renault 10??) used solenoids and servos to shift its manual gearbox, and the driver used push buttons (to the left of the steering wheel!!) to select gears. Like most other Renault innovations of that era, it was extremely prone to breakdown and was short-lived.