Need a family friendly vehicle with a towing capacity of approx 3000lbs... suggestions?

Whitey…I hear you. But in towing it’s more than just percentages of over estimated weights. It’s about leverage and the entire length of he vehicle of a fwd works against the traction of a fwd car in an emergency maneuver when making sudden changes of direction. On wet surfaces, the problem is worsened. That’s just physics and regardless of what the motor and transmission are capable w/o failure, I wouldn’t tow with any fwd car/minivan a weight greater than 1500 lbs.

Tow weight ratings are notoriously bias toward bean counter and sales considerations. When they start making commercial tow vehicles with fwd, I 'll change my mind and 2700lbs is too much weight and leverage, regardless of the profile. IMO too, the biggest contributor to transmission problems for these over worked dive trains, is lack of maintenance and towing. I personally would not mind buying a rwd vehicle used for towing but would not touch a minivan used the same way.
We agree to disagree.