Need VERY short-term basic auto liability policy

Piter, Caddyman,
I don’t know if the very beginning of the story is relevant to my current questions, but to fill you in: I went to a taping of a tv show unaware there’d been an on-line contest not long before as part of this GMC giveaway. During the week I went, one viewer daily who’d entered the contest got call, “You won! Now pick a number from 1 to whatever.” Each studio audience member who had a valid DL had been given a sealed envelope. The woman at home called the number in mine, so I was “It” for that day. 5 days, 10 Acadia Denalis.

So, no, I’m not walking away and, yes, I want cash, not the car. Cash instead of car was no option – “Take the car or forfeit.” If only cash had been an option!

GMC is covering costs of tax, title & licensing. I have to cover insurance, which I’ll cancel quickly. I’d already been filled in here and by the dealer about the car being “used” because I’d taken title, even though I and no one else will have driven it. Stupid practice.

What I’m hoping for from wise, experienced, erudite, witty, charming gentlemen is the smartest way to tell the facilitating dealer (aka dealer #1), who’s offered me (and I’ve said yes) $37M that I’ve had the better offer of $40. My mind works brilliantly in some ways, but it’s not a business mind, and I have no experience with the business side of cardom.

When #1 offered $37, I asked for more. That’s when he went into all the reasons he wouldn’t go up. I’d be thrilled if he really wants the car and therefore beats or matches the $40, of course. But if he doesn’t, I have to coordinate with the dealer who offered $40. He said he could send his people to pick up the car at Dealer #1’s place. One of the dealers I called yesterday, who wasn’t interested in buying from me, suggested that #1 might decide not to process titling and registration paperwork upon hearing I’m selling to someone else. I’d think that he’d be no worse off than if I were to keep the car (no way would I). He must have gotten a nice something-or-other from GMC for agreeing to facilitate the actual turnover.

Does this satisfy or over-satisfy your curiosity and clarify my current question?

BTW, I was on-air with Tom and Ray at the beginning of this, when my question was “I won a car. What do I do now?” People had already told me to sell to the dealer involved. The boys said “Place an ad.” When I told them of the others’ suggestion, they both agreed that it was the best way to proceed. I then came to the website and was amazed at how knowledgeable most people are.