Lacquer Thinner and Catalytic Converter

Thanks for the posting. I especially liked it because that’s how I see it. Get the stuff in and drive it out ASAP to reduce contact with any parts that might be affected.

The few people who said they tried it and it worked, no one said they had any problems as a result.

My thought was to get two quarts of it, and use it when the tank is 1/4 full. Then, drive and drive until the gas is nearly gone, which should only be a few hours and fill the tank, which will dilute the remaining stuff to a very low level. I figure if I start with a 10% mix, drive it until it is nearly gone, and fill it, that would give me no more than 1 or 2% mix.

I need to do some math, and see if it’s better to drive it till the gas is low, then fill the tank, or only add a few gallons and keep driving a few more hours before filling the tank. Once I fill the tank, whatever percentage is there will be there for a long time. My mind isn’t clear on it, but the math will make it clear.

Speed limits here in the country are under 40 mph, so maybe I could run it in second at 2500 rpm.

I will ask my wife to bring back a new scanner/data reader in June, and try to get more data on it first. All I have is a cheap Actron code reader.

At this point, I can’t even say it hasn’t recently started burning oil and screwed up the the converter or something like that, on that long down hill run in second. I need to put on my thinking cap.

If things don’t clear up here in Mexico, if I have problems with engine or transmission, I will probably put more into it than it’s worth, because older cars are less likely to be stolen by bandits.