No heat and temperature gauge going up and down

Have you personally checked the coolant level? Not just the overflow bottle but the radiator also. You have air in the cooling system. I am not familiar with your Nissan engine but I have seen your exact symptoms in other “known to be difficult to burp” cooling systems. It needs to be filled properly and “burped” if it has an air pocket in the system. On some cars this involves removing a plug in the block until coolant flows out. Again I am not sure if Nissans have a big issue w/this.

How does the coolant look? Another cause for air in the cooling system can be a head gasket issue, combustion gasses getting into the cooling system. Shops can test the coolant for this but you said that a pressure check was done and ok. It is still possible that a head gasket leak into the coolant may not be found by a cooling system pressure check but if done carefully it will usually tell. You don’t mention if the engine is running any different, is it? The check engine light makes me suspicious but we need the code. A lot of chain autoparts stores will pull the code for you for free (AutoZone, Advance Auto etc.) Get the code read and report back.