How long do you keep your cars?

It depends, I have always bought used (one exception), it up to the last 2 cars they used to have over 100K miles on them when I would get them. I would drive them until the repairs would get out of control, usually 150-160K miles and off load them. Just 3 years ago I bought a CPO Camry with 35K miles, plan to keep it or maybe pass it on to the kids if it is still in decent shape. We are somewhat in extreme suburbia, so can not put up with a lot of breakdowns esp since we travel/visit family a lot. Point in case, our 2000 Caravan with 120K miles has needed the following parts/repairs over the last 6 months;
Alternator, with serp belt and tensioner (twice for the belt and tensioner), two rear brake cylinders, master brake cylinder, front and rear brake job, fuel pump (X2 because of the sending unit being defective on one), Power window regulator, power door latch, water pump and now radiator. Most of these are not wear and tear items, point in case we couldn’t rely on this as a daily driver and we ended up buying a new car. This is the 1st time I went new, one because I could pay cash for it and two because the used pricing did not make sense.