Front end rattle

Assuming the two different mechanics at two different shops each looked at the problem, I’m highly flattered that you would trust us, who cannot see or touch the parts, over the two mechanics.

I agree with Cig that they should have looked at the mounts when changing the struts…however they would not be the first to slap on some new struts and align the car without doing so.

Ed made a good point too that noises can come from seemingly nowhere. I had a slight “resonant frequency” sound that occured whenever I had the brakes on, the tranny in D, and the engine was cold (running high). I searched and searched. Then, while looking around the underhood area when I had it open to check my oil (looking around is a habit of mine) I discovered that one of the plastic buttons holding the hood lining had fallen off. I replaced it from my button supply. The noise disappeared. The sound was the hood insulator slapping the underside of the hood.

The twpo mechanics are probably correct. But don’t underestimate the value of opening your mind and looking everywhere.