2011 Subaru Warranty

Keep in mind that there is no such thing as purchasing an extended warranty. What they love to call an “extended warranty” is insurance policy.

warranty |?w?r?nt?; ?w?-|
noun ( pl. -ties)
a written guarantee, issued to the purchaser of an article by its manufacturer, promising to repair or replace it if necessary within a specified period of time : the car comes with a three-year warranty | as your machine is under warranty, I suggest getting it checked.

So-called extended warranties are really nothing more than insurance policies.  Generally the average cost to purchase is twice the cost of the average repairs that are covered.  The rest of your money goes for those fancy insurance buildings and the people who work in them.  Only about half of what you pay will go towards benefits to the owner of the car.

In short you are right:  [i] is just a scare tactic to push me into the extended warranty[/i]  

Now having said that, there is a value to you and to me to have at least some of the possible failures of your car may be covered.  Even if it does not make economic sense, it may be worth it to you.  That you have to decide. Good Luck with your decision and have fun with your new Outback.  May you never have any need for that insurance.