Low Coolant light

Thanks for the constructive insight. Very helpful.

(notice the Paragraph?) The reason I am asking for advice is because I would like for it to STAY a good car. Whenever the light comes on I park the car as quickly as possible. There are times when I can drive it all day and the light doesn’t come on, and then again other times when it takes only a few minutes of driving to come on and even after sitting for several hours (minimum of 3 hours) upon driving again the light comes on within a few minutes.

I am aware that the cooling system and the AC system are two separate systems, but I wanted to give all observed issues so any relevance could be taken into account. Specifically - The coolant system has been checked out. The AC has not. The AC is acting like it is possibly a switch, or electrical problem. The fact that the fluid levels are fine and the radiator system has been checked out as ok, and that it has only been the LIGHT that has been coming on, along with the fact that there is the weird AC issue made me wonder, as I said, if it is possibly a computer problem. That is the only reason why I mentioned the two together.

If by writing that the car won’t be a great car after I am finished with it you are trying to let me know something about Sables in general not being worth the effort please elaborate. If, as I suspect, you are voicing a judgment of me as a driver - you can keep your comments to yourself. I am looking for help, not critique. This car is my mother’s car and it is going to go back to her. I want her to be driving a reliable car and not wind up stranded some place.