Can you replace a manual transmission to an automatic transmission?

Doing a swap like this is sort of like performing a sex change operation. It is possible, but you need to find a professional who has done this before and will need another donor car for the necessary parts, like transmission, radiator, console, shifter, pedal brackets, etc. This procedure will also be extremely expensive, probably more than the car is worth.

I think you should keep the car the way it is and teach your daughters to drive a manual. It’s not hard to learn, or to teach, and will give them a leg up on life. They will have a skill few of their peers, or adults for that matter, have, and they will be able to drive most anything out there. My father insisted that I, as well as my younger siblings, all learn to drive stick before any of us got our driver’s licenses. My father has done construction work and says it’s pretty pathetic to see construction workers running around, needing a truck moved, trying to find someone who can drive a stick so this truck can be moved out of the way. Let’s not continue this trend. Your daughters will thank you some day.