Knee Air Bags

I’m looking for a SUV with knee bags, preferably a hybrid. I know about Lexus RXH (expensivej) and the Toyota Highlander H (hate the body style). Are there other choices that won’t break the bank?

Interesting, I have never heard of knee bags.

Currently there are only a few SUV hybrids. Add to the ones you mentioned, the Ford Escape, and a couple full sized SUV’s from GM (GMC, Chevy, and Cadillac?) and that’s about it as far as I know.

The Chevrolet Cruze has driver and passenger knee air bags.

I seem to recall that a few vehicles available in US have knee-level airbags, but I can’t recall which vehicles these are at the moment–despite the fact that it is a short list.

An interesting phenomenon is that some knee airbag-less vehicles, when sold in other markets, DO come equipped with these safety devices. The one example that comes to mind is the 2010-11 Subaru Outback. These vehicles, when sold in Australia (and possibly in other markets) are equipped with knee-level airbags, but in the US they just have the normal complement of front, side, and side-curtain airbags.

Apparently some foreign countries have stricter safety regulations than the US does.

check out this web page…http://www.airbagcenter.com/knee_airbags.aspx

Still looking for that SUV-H with knee airbags. Someone pulled out in front of me a couple of years ago, and I had a head-on collision. My body sustained 20 crushed bones, mostly to the lower extremities. I ended replacing my crushed Subaru (which I loved) with a Honda Odyssey (which I also love but am trying to sell). I am really still looking for that knee airbag SUV.