Honda Odyssey motor mount problem

HOW MUCH??? They must be rather special mounts. I have to replace at least 2 of the 4 on my wife’s 2004 Misubishi Eclipse GTS. If I buy good parts from Autozone, all 4 will be $350, from Rockauto.com, $260, for the same parts. I don’t know how much it would cost to install them, but it ought to take less than 3 hours of time. I am taking it to a renowned and inexpensive local shop to get an estimate and if it is too high I will do it myself; it is not a hard job.

I have always bought Honda (2 Accords) or Toyota (4Runner, TC), then I let my wife buy an Eclipse … granted, it had 75K on the clock when we bought it, but the shopping list so far is not good: replaced rusted rear catalytic converter assembly ($400, by self, improved model), replaced warped front rotors ($100, self, common eclipse problem), has a cracked dash (common eclipse problem), has a window problem with a Technical Service Bulletin (not recall? it is a manufacturing problem, will do by self from TSB), now needs motor mounts.

I hate having a car that has to go in the shop, it is time and money.

Fortunately, my car is a Scion TC with 100K on the clock; it has never been in the shop, except for normal service (and a wreck I had … someone deposited a wheel on the highway, thereby taking out my bumpers and exhaust system). It is strange that when I compare the Eclipse to the TC, the TC’s wheel wells, engine bay, and parts all look like new, while the Eclipse has rust in the engine bay, wear in the wells and obviously has not lasted as well as the TC; same mileage, same age. The TC’s exhaust looks great (the parts that were not replaced on collision) while the Eclipse’s exhaust is rusty.

I digress.