Winter Driving Techniques

Yup!
JoeMario has summed it up very nicely.
No matter what you drive, a set of 4 winter tires (not old-technology snow tires) will allow you to go, turn, and–most important of all–STOP with much greater safety.

Don’t think of this as an extra expense because your regular tires will be out of service for a few months, thus saving tread wear on those tires. And, even if you have to spend $600-700 for a set of winter tires and steel rims, if they save you from only one fender bender, they will be worth it. If they save you from a serious accident, they will be priceless.

Get a set of 4 winter tires on their own steel rims, drive conservatively and leave an extra-long gap between you and the car in front of you, and you will be maximizing your winter safety. Also–be sure to clear all snow from your windows, headlights, directional signals, and tail lights before you drive. I am appalled every year at the number of cars on the road with rear lights completely obscured by snow.

This strategy must be fairly effective, because I use it, and I have not had an accident since 1971.