Wrong transmission fluid

I’d have the fluid replaced again ASAP with Nissan’s prescribed fluid. I’m even wary of the idea of a Valvoline fluid that says it is ok for use in substitution.

If it were a car like my old Taurus or my Camry, which calls for Dexron III / Mercon or some similar common bulk fluid, then I’m ok with using a Valvoline Dexron III / Mercon fluid rather than the Ford-labeled or Toyota-labeled stuff.

On the other hand, my Mazda6 uses M-V fluid. NOT Mercon V, like some people believe. I would only use M-V or Ford FNR5 fluid (which is the same fluid, as the FNR5 is the Ford designation for this same transmission). No Mercon V or even Amsoil ATF, which they claim is compatible. The $15 savings in transmission fluid would get eaten up VERY fast by a failed transmission.

That’s also why I would NEVER have a quickie lube place change my transmission fluid - there are too many different specs, and I only trust myself or the dealership to get it right - I don’t even trust an independent mechanic, as they usually don’t stock all the numerous different fluids, but try to do things like use Amsoil’s “universal” fluid.