2000 Toyota Avalon XLS engine trouble

You can just do a general reply to your own post to reply to the entire board rather than to individual posters.

The only thing that looks somewhat off kilter to me is the fuel system service. This was likely completely unnecessary. Those kinds of things are often used as “upsell” items that do a lot for shop profits, but probably not so much for customer’s cars.

I wonder a little bit about 2hrs of diagnosis on the P0171 code. However, it is just as often the case that a shop will do no diagnosis and just toss parts on. This is frustrating and a waste of money b/c it doesn’t solve the problem and people keep going back and going back (and spending more $$ each time). So maybe the 2 hour charge was because a proper diagnosis was done. (There are multiple reasons that you might get that code and then a whole bunch of things that need to be checked to pinpoint the cause). If that check engine light comes back on and the same code appears I’d be asking for the $220 to be credited to the new work.

Other than that, if you can find a trustworthy local and independent shop (rather than going to a dealer) you can normally get the same quality service for less $$.