2005 Ford Taurus automatic slips from 1st into 2nd gear

Thank you all very much for your responses although I have to admit that some sound “Chinese” to me, LOL. Evidentially, I am not a technical person although I’d love to take classes in a repair shop to learn more about it. I grew up in Europe and believe it or not, they do have those kind of classes, very interesting!

Anyhow, I will look for the the additive in the RED bottle and also will print out the very last ocmment. I called around outside Atlanta to see whether there are any shops that are specialized in transmissions … not too many to be honest and I got them from the cartalk website. A lot of the comments for the shops are from the stone age! But one of the guys also asked me whether it is temperature related… well, I do not know. As a matter of fact, the outside temperature this past weekend was just wonderful, no heatwave no heat index of 110 degrees and it did happen but sure enough now I do know that he meant the temperature of the transmission fluid. I am sure you guys get a blast from my so-called knowledge… sigh.

Anyhow, have an appoointment hopefully with one guy Saturday in a week - hopefully he will still be open that day as he is usually not open on the weekends.
Manofallseasons, I went online at first as well to google 2005 Ford Taurus transmission problems… good grief! A ton of people with the problems and a lot of them said that Ford actually knows there is a faulty piece in the transmission but they would not recall it. I am curious to hear your thoughts. I can actually consider myself lucky as my car did not stop in the middle of the road yet (better knock on wood quickly here) with between 70-80,000 miles. Not sure if that is due to driving the car long distance?