How to tie down trunk lid

If I were to transport something that was sticking out of the trunk of my 09 Camry, is there a way to tie the trunk lid down so it doesn’t bounce up and down while driving? I can’t find anything to loop a rope through.

Put One Of These Little Beauties On Your License Plate.

Click this link:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/lipltrcl.html

It’s a little pricey, but could be moved from car to car. I’ll bet if you surfed you could get a better price on one.

Then get a stretchy bungee cord or two, hook it (them) to the cleat and then to the trunk latch bottom piece or go under the bumper and hook to something . . . Voil? ! Case closed. I mean trunk closed.

CSA

OMG lessons in Bungee cord use, sure that is what I would use, would not buy nothin there is always a way for cheap.

Here are the nuts!

Waterboy, thank you sincerely for your service.

Wow! There is a guy in that picture, and a plane, too! Is that your race car behind you? You probably met my wife’s cousin, unless that’s a Warthog. He manages the gas station at the other end of the boom. Well, he used to. He’s too far up the food chain to have fun anymore. He manages all the bus drivers in his squadron now.

And just what do you do with all that spare change in your pocket? Apparently there are a lot of repossessed planes on the market (article in USA Today last week). That can only drive the price down. Cousin D flies a Mooney M20 in his spare time. With attractive pricing, you might find a small plane for your personal use. There’s a lot more agility for him compared to the buses he flies for Uncle Sam or the airlines, but you might enjoy it, too.

Just use a few heavy duty bungee cords. If they are tight enough, the trunk lid won’t bounce up and down, especially if you use a couple old towels to protect whatever is sticking out.