Is it Dangerous to drive with bad rear brakes?

Excellent info Kizwiki! I’m a right lane driver who stays within 5 miles of the speed limit. I keep my distance, especially with the brake concerns. I have no qualms with people passing me…I’m following the law and trying to stay safe. With that in mind, I’ll be taking my car in tomorrow. I am not mechanically inclined in the least. Safer for me, and everyone else, to take it to a professional. I found a mechanic from this website and he did a great job last time I was there. His pricing was extremely reasonable, AND he listened to me and answered all my questions! I was dumbfounded! He even showed me the bad parts and explained how they work. I walked away learning something and felt more confident with the $ I spent. I suppose I should put this part in his review huh!

Thank you very much for the pricing ballparks, that will help me with knowing if I am getting a good quote.

One question remains in my head. The mechanic told me that the rear shocks were seized up but could wait to be replaced in the fall with the muffler and the brakes. I since thought that the rear shocks would be part of the stabilization control of the car. Is that right? I would think that everything works together for best control of your car. I commute 2 hours a day to work, on a high traffic 65 mph highway. I told him this. Sometimes it is very defensive driving.