2003 Monte Carlo SS Engine Problem

A 100 miles on it means it was a dealer demo. Many demos are driven by management types at the dealership. However, these cars also get driven at times by salesmen and some of these guys have the metabolism of a hummingbird and a lead foot.
I’ve ridden with a few of them on short hops and I was slouched down in the seat and bracing myself the entire time while wondering if I was going to make it home that evening alive.

It could be that the car got a rough break-in. The part that confounds me, as it does oldschool, is why in the world oil is being paid for with no effort to determine why.
I don’t buy for one minute that GM is paying for the consumption oil being used. Odds are this oil is being covered by the dealer for some odd reason; maybe a reason they don’t want the owner to know. In the interim they’re throwing oil in it while praying the car gets traded off or gets taken out in a collision; effectively ending this problem.

Another more obscure reason for oil consumption could be oil control rings that are gummed up due to irregular oil changes or oil changes that are not performed often enough based on the type of driving.