Front end bearing-type noise

You might have gotten the side (right side) correct, but did you get the front/rear scenario correct? Take some friends with you and ask 'em where they think the sound is coming from. If they all say rear, left rear-- right rear, whatever–if they all agree,

then that could help pinpoint it. I have seen on Volvo XC90’s where I diagnosed, say, a LR wheel bearing and the noise remained, and the RR was worn also. Does the Escape have coil springs? If so, with truck not running, jacked up, in “N”, and out of 4WD, turn one wheel around by hand, while holding the nearby coil spring with the other hand. If you feel a

tiny vibration in the coil spring on one side, and none on its mate, that’s a good indication the culprit is the bearing that corresponds to the vibrating spring. You sound like you’re good at working on cars. With vehicle off the ground, running, in gear, w/wheels turning, use a stethoscope or steel rod, one end in your ear, other next to the bearing, on the knuckle or whatever houses the bearing. Compare one side to the other. (I

don’t knoiw if you want to do this; it’s a little dangerous if you’re not proficient w/cars, but you sound like you are. JUST BE CAREFUL, no offense! Please post back; no one ever does. Good luck and be safe, please.

PS: If you’re not completely comfortable with getting under a running vehicle, then don’t do that part.