Coolant leaks in 2005 Toyota Sienna

Radiator, waterpump, timing belt (as it would’ve been due at 90K miles anyway, and there was a pricing advantage to doing it with the waterpump), head were all replaced. There was a reason that they couldn’t just fix the freeze plug & they had to do the head. At that point I had my husband call them to check on their reasons, and they satisfied him. I don’t know enough to really follow those parts of the conversations very well, so I can’t provide much detail.

While I thought this dealership was pushy about maintenance & wanting me to do things more often than Toyota recommends, I hadn’t had problems with them before. I did contact Toyota corporate headquarters about my vehicle & my expectations of quality, but I don’t expect anything to come of it.

I know it’s a great idea to check all the things which are recommended before approving them, but it takes time (& money) to tell them to reassemble the car, do the research/find an independent dealer for corroboration, get time off of work (again) & do without my car (again). It’s $95/day to rent a handicapped van, if one is available. It gets very expensive very fast, and I get exhausted trying to make up all the missed time from work.

I believe the water pump & radiator leaks were minor from how they were describing them. The freeze plug one was worse.