Car recommendation for someone with sciatica

My wife and I gave up on cars a long time ago. We find the seating position much more comfortable in the vehicles we currently drive–a 2003 Toyota 4Runner and a 2006 Chevrolet Uplander. Our daughter-in-law suffers from severe lower back problems. She had surgery last spring, but the discomfort is still there. She is able to comfortably drive their 2000 Ford Windstar minivan, but can’t drive her 2005 Ford Mustang because of the seating position.

You’ve been given a good suggestion in renting a vehicle and driving it some distance before you purchase the same make and model. I have to try a vehicle on for fit just as I try on a pair of shoes.

We once owned a 1993 Oldmobile 88. It was a wonderful car except for the seats. The seats were so uncomfortable on trips that we would drive our 1990 Ford Aerostar minivan instead. This Oldsmobile had power seats, but neither I nor my wife could find a comfortable position. On the other hand, the 2006 Chevrolet Uplander does not have a power seat, but I am comfortable driving it long distances.