Heater blower doesn't work

One day I was able to turn the blower on in my car, the next day it didn’t work. A day later it worked again, then stopped. The whole panel includes the rear defogger and AC buttons. I have the duel climate controls. I checked all the blower, ac fuses and still can’t figure out the problem.

Please help!! It’s turning colder here in Chicago…

The problem might with the blower motor itself.

When blower motors become worn out, they can stop and start at any time. Turn the blower speed to high, then reach under the passenger side of the dash and tap on the blower motor with the handle of a screwdriver. if this gets the blower motor operating again replace the blower motor.

Tester

The Blower Fan Motor Could Be Worn Out. They Usually Become Intermittent First Before Failing Completely.

Can you see where the blower housing is under the passenger side dashboard?

Is there a plastic panel there that doesn’t allow you to see anything?

Either way, with the car stopped and engine running or engine stopped, but key in “on” position (where fan should operate) and fan control turned on, hit the panel or the blower housing with your palm. You may have to hit it several times.

The fan will probably turn on, indicationg that most likely it is time for a new blower motor / fan assembly. Most are not difficult to replace, just costly for the part.

CSA

Tried that and it didn’t work. One thing though, on the same control panel as the blower speed control knob are the a/c and rear defroster buttons. Both of those don’t work as well. The fuses for the a/c and defroster are fine. Is there a master fuse for that control panel?

The Regal blower box is completely visible and no panels need be removed. It’s not a difficult job; I did it on my Regal a few years ago when it filled up with water (another story). The hardest part was releasing the electrical connector, but this definitely can be a DIY job.

To be able to tell you that, I need to know the year of the vehicle.

Tester

Tried that and it didn’t work. One thing though, on the same control panel as the blower speed control knob are the a/c and rear defroster buttons. Both of those don’t work as well. The fuses for the a/c and defroster are fine. Is there a master fuse for that control panel?

2001 Regal

All the circuits you list that aren’t working pass thru the HVAC control module located behind the dash. It could be this module has failed.

Tester

Is this located in the engine compartment fuse box? If not, how can I locate it and is it easily replaced?

The module is what all the controls are mounted to.

Remove the dash trim from around the control panel. Remove the center console if equipped. remove the four screws that mount the control panel to the dash. Pull out the control panel far enough to disconnect the electrical/vacuum connections.

Tester

Before pullin all of that apart I stuck my head under the passenger side and all the way up against the firewall towards the floor and behind a plastic vent in the center, I found something that said module with two wires that seemed to go up to the control panel. I just made sure those wires were seated and the control panel works!

Thanks for your help and time today!