Serpentine belt, transmission fluid question

Hey, take it easy. I didn’t say I believed them and I actually do read my owner’s manual ad nauseam. The information appears very vague to me. For example, it states to have the transmission fluid inspected at 30,000 miles and again at 60,000… When the dealership puts in writing that it is dirty and needs to be serviced (I checked it myself and it was dark) wouldn’t it give them an opportunity to weasel out of honoring the warranty if I decline the service? Now…trying this again, less than 20,000 miles later, is a different story. As for DRAIN (geeze, you don’t need to yell), vs. flush & fill, I have gotten differing opinions about which to do.

I honestly did not believe for one second that they take my serpentine belt off to check it, but I am not a mechanic, so I am looking for others wiser than myself to tell me this is insane. The book states to have the drive belts initially inspected at 60,000 miles and than every 15,000 thereafter. They are trying to scare me into having the belt changed which angers me a great deal. I am not a push over nor am I an idiot…just trying not to look like one on the side of the road with my Rav that won’t go.

Thanks for your reply!