Clutch Losing Pressure After Highway

Part of the problem is this: Jiffy Lube, Tire Kingdom, and AAMCO.

You need a mechanic, not a quicky-oil-change place. Tire shops are good places to buy tires, but that’s it. And don’t EVER go to AAMCO, not even to ask for directions.

I don’t agree with the dealer saying the master cylinder will fail just because the slave cylinder has. If the slave cylinder is the problem you only need to replace the slave cylinder, and you can save money by having this done by an independent mechanic. There is no hydraulic pump that I know of within the clutch system. Need more info on that one.

An independent mechanic is NOT the same as a national chain shop.

Consult the CarTalk home page for mechanic recommendations in the “Mechanics Files” section. You can search by zip code, make of car, etc.

Stop trusting your vehicle to the untrained, underpaid kids at these chain places and find a real mechanic to help you maintain your car.

I suggest you locate a good independent mechanic in your area, get another opinion about what’s wrong with the clutch, and what is required to repair it. Sort of like getting a second opinion form another doctor before a major surgery.