Low Fuel Indicator light on 1998 Ford Ranger XLT

I have owned a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT for over 8 years. In that time, I have run nearly out of fuel, but have never seen a light come on, indicating that I was low on fuel. My wife swears that today she saw it come on. Can someone tell me whether or not there is actually a low fuel indicator light on my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT? I insist there is not. She insists that there is. A lot is riding on this answer, so please be sure.

I have 2001 Ranger Edge, and it has a “check gauge” light that comes on if any of the gauges including the fuel gauge goes low. It is not exactly a low fuel light.

I gave you one star for taking the time to answer, BUT, your vehicle is NOT the same as the vehicle about which I asked. Still looking for a “correct” answer. Thanks anyway.

Upon viewing the owners manual at

https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

There is no mention of a low fuel warning light. The light your wife saw was likely something else.

If you don’t see it when you first turn the key to the on position or while cranking, you probably don’t have one. The owner’s manual should point it out by a picture, or list the messages that can come up on the message center (if so equipped).