I want a Volkswagen Beetle Convertible

. I have been told no that is a car that I wouldn’t enjoy if I had.

How does someone else know what you would or would not enjoy. I bet they have never been in one.

I am not a small person

Stop by a dealer and try one for size. They can show you the adjustments. That will tell you if it can fit you.

My daughter says you would not be able to have a volkswagen convertible in NH as it would live through the winters.

And your daughter knows this how? There are lots of VW convertibles in NH. In fact it makes more sense there than in Florida where it is so hot in the summer you would never want to put the top down.

Also my wonderful mechanic who works of cars for many of the congressman and works on many many different types of cars says that the car isn’t a good car.

I wonder how many VW’s he works on and if he has the experience to know how to best work on them. Now I will not try to tell you they are the most reliable car around nor the easiest to repair, but they are also not the worst. Frankly most cars today, including the VW’s are very good cars compared to cars we know as kids (you are a few years younger than I.

I have NB (New Beetle, 2002 diesel) and really like it. Almost 100,000 miles with minimal repairs. You mileage may vary.

I seem to recall something about this being the last year for the New Beetle, so if you are looking for a new one, now would be a good time. Note: any used convertible should have the top inspected before purchase to determine if you may be buying a new top before long. this goes for all makes and models.