1999 Nissan Maxima will not start after leaving ignition sw on overnight. (Recharged bat.)

The battery is new, it had to be recharged because the ignition switch was on long enough to almost completely discharge it. I disconnected the bat when I charged it and then reconnected. The engine turned over as normal and caught and ran for about two seconds. Afterwards it wouldn’t start at all. I did all the tests called for in Haynes manual and elec. checked out ok. Had car towed to a mechanic.

Mech said ignition system checked out ok and the prob was that the security had shut down the injectors and he needed my spare key to reset the system as he had tried with the key I’d provided and it wouldn’t reset. I brought him the spare key and it didn’t solve the problem either. He called a man from Nissan to come and reset the security system and he couldnt do it either. He said I would hsve to tow my car to the dealer. I had the car towed home.

I just went out and reconnected battery as you advised. I think the radio and such automatically reactivate. When the key is inserted in switch the security light starts flashing at about three second intervals. When the switch is turned on, all indicator lights are on and security light remains on but stops flashing. Radio works as well as a/c and all lights and accesories. Twice when I tried to start it, the engine ran for about two seconds and shut off. The fuel system seems to be shut down. My major concern is which component is causing it to do that. They cannot be returned and are so expensive that I want to be sure which would be most likely affected by the ignition being left on for so long. If you are stumped too, perhaps you would know how I can find out without being financialy raped by the dealer.