Join the Car Talk Community!

Discussion Rules

Welcome to the Car Talk Community!

Want to ask a question or join the discussion? Great! Join now.

Sign In Register

Name Tommy's 1952 MG TD

edited September 2012 in The Show
What's your suggestion?
722 x 480 - 33K

• edited September 2007
    how about old smokey
  • edited September 2007

One look into this dame's crystaline eyes and you hear her name whispered--breathy and hushed... "Tear Drop."
  • edited September 2007
    1. Look ma, no _____!
    2. Dodge Dart
    3. Bond, James Bond

Take your pick, they're all free!
  • edited September 2007
    Carmen for the color, or Electra in honor of the Lucas electrics.
  • edited September 2007
    Not sure about the full name.

But with respect to the car's diminutive dimensions and from my experiences with MGs it really should start with 'Little'.

i.e. "You awkward 'Little' - ".

Occasionally the name may also translate to "you Little Beauty", this term is reserved of course for those few brief miles that the car is running well. Always a warning of impending catastrophic mechanical failure.

• edited September 2007
  • edited September 2007
    Carl... Yeah, he's a Carl. Take a look at those headlights.... that grill. Definitely a guy!

And look at him. He's simply and straightforward. There are no extra do-dads or wings, sweeping/flowing lines or silly frills. His name should reflect that.. short and to the point. "Bartholomew" or even "Douglas" are completely out of character. "Bob" may be shorter but it is too "cartoony". No, Carl is strictly business.
  • edited September 2007
    MG could be a sort of monogram for "Magoo". Mr. Magoo.
  • edited September 2007
    I agree with Carmen Electra, but for a different reason....As soon as the top comes off all you can see is a couple of T-ts. Sorry Guys, love the show which I podcast every week.
  • edited September 2007
    C'mon folks . . . the name has gotta sound British!
This discussion has been closed.