Favorite words you loved to hear Tom and Ray say

I’ll start - one that sticks out in my head that I loved to hear them say in their boston accent - “conduit”

Boooooooo-gus!

Tom imitating his sergeant saying his name, “Private Magliooooozzi.”

“Stay tuned for the third half of our show”

“Don’t turn that dial. If you do, the end of your dipstick will fall off.”
CSA

Last month I was on the phone with someone from Baaaaaaaahstun with respect of my membership in an organization. I had genuine trouble understanding what she was saying and had to ask her to repeat thing several times.

If it was not for the Kennedys, most of us would thing the English there was from a foreign country.

The Boston accent can be difficult to learn. They drop "R"s when they are present…and add "R"s when there isn’t one.

Example.

Alpha - Bostonian pronunciation - Alpher

Worchester - Bostonian pronunciation - Wosta

Worchester -

Worcester?

Chief Legal Counsel— Hugh Louis Dewey of Dewey, Cheetham & Howe

“Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis”

Arup Gupta

Robert Burns

After Much Discussion And Many Guesses, When Still Totally Stumped By A Listener’s Car Problem, Then The Diagnosis Turned To The Fall-Back Answer, "Loose Heat Shield."
CSA

I second:

BO…O…O…O…GUS!

“Take A Hair Cut”

"It’s happened to all of us. You’re on a long drive, when nature takes its course and you find yourself desperately needing to ‘take a haircut.’ Finally, a restroom appears, but it’s inside a fast-food restaurant. This week on Car Talk, we tackle the moral quandary–if you use this restroom, are you obligated to get fries with that?"
CSA

well, my least favorite words were…

“you ve wasted another perfectly good hour…”

…because then the show was ending and i d have to go back to my chores on Saturday morning.

Cartalk cost me hours of lost production in my yard and doing work on my truck.

i couldn t run the mower while the show was on, or i couldn t hear it.

no rotor tiller either.

no air compressor, because it s waaay too loud to hear the show over and i m just too old and worn out these days to use a lug wrench if i don t have to, so Cartalk has really held me up in the vehicle repair dept. lately.

so thanks a lot Cartalk. you ve been a big help.

the way i see it, you guys owe me about 4000 hrs of lost labour.

dewey cheatum and howe will be hearing from our people.

yes, i said OUR people.

this is a Class Action suit, baby!!!

@wesw
"Cartalk cost me hours of lost production in my yard and doing work on my truck.
i couldn t run the mower while the show was on, or i couldn t hear it. no rotor tiller either.
no air compressor, because it s waaay too loud to hear the show over and i m just too old and worn out these days to use a lug wrench if i don t have to, so Cartalk has really held me up in the vehicle repair dept. lately."

What? No Work Tunes? Are You Kidding?
I’d never do yard work if I didn’t have Work Tunes. They’re less than 50 bucks!
CSA

@wesw
"Cartalk cost me hours of lost production in my yard and doing work on my truck.
i couldn t run the mower while the show was on, or i couldn t hear it. no rotor tiller either.
no air compressor, because it s waaay too loud to hear the show over and i m just too old and worn out these days to use a lug wrench if i don t have to, so Cartalk has really held me up in the vehicle repair dept. lately."

What? No Work Tunes? Are You Kidding?
I’d never do yard work if I didn’t have Work Tunes. They’re less than 50 bucks!
CSA

“knuckleheads” :wink:

“You’re done for”

Tom, "Do you remember last weeks puzzler? Ray of course, what was it?