Airbag warning icon shows on the dashboard and a loud alarm sound is played on 2011 Subaru Outback

2011 Subaru Outback; in January of 2015 the airbag warning icon shows on the dashboard and a loud alarm sound is played. If I turn the car off and on and I make it go away. Not easy when driving 75 mph on mountain highways. Dealer where I purchased the car has been useless; three visits there and a dozen unreturned phone calls. Help!

I’d elevate this to Subaru corporate, there should be contact information in your owners manual.

+1 to @texases, Subaru has a good reputation and good customer service, escalate this to get some action. The dealer has dropped the ball here, unless this is intermittent and does not occur when you have it at the shop. Intermittent problems are a real pain to trouble shoot.

There is nothing on the passenger seat such as a bag or anything right? My workout bag is enough to set off the alarm if it is on the passenger’s seat. For a temporary fix, see if you can make it go away by buckling the passenger side seat belt or bouncing on the seat a couple of times.