2003 Nissan Altima Won't Start after a Brief Stop

My 2003 Nissan Altima recently started giving me trouble where I will drive for at least 20 minutes, stop to run an errand, come back, and the engine won’t turn over. The first time this happened my check engine light came on. I brought it into the shop and had the cam sensors replaced. I’m still having the same problem. The engine cranks and the battery checked out okay. Car has 93,000 miles on it. I can usually get it to start after 5-10 minutes by cranking and pushing the gas to the floor. Could this be a fuel issue?

It could be a fuel issue but it could also be an ignition problem. To help find out which area the trouble is in I suggest you carry some starter fluid with you and when the trouble happens again spray a small amount into the air intake and see if that helps get the engine going. If it does then you would seem to have a problem within the fuel delivery system. If it is no help then the ignition system is suspect. The crank sensor could be suspect.

rugger26, did they also change the crankshaft sensor? If not, this is most likely your problem.

Replace the crankshaft position sensor as well. I just did with mine. I have an 05 and had the same symptoms.