My car was sugared

My car gas tank was sugared and the opening of my transmission was sugared and the opening of my antifreeze was sugared “am” I up the creek or can it be saved… Its a 1995 Chevy Burretta over 1700000 miles can it be helped if so what price range

Don’t drive it, have the transmission fluid exchanged and the coolant replaced. Then drive it 50 miles and change the transmission fluid again. The sugar in the gas tank isn’t going to hurt anything permanently. If they put enough in, it might clog your fuel filter because sugar does not dissolve in gasoline, but that’s fairly unlikely unless there’s a lot in there. In reality it will probably sit at the bottom of your gas tank with the rest of the sediments you’ve been pumping in since N’Sync was cool. :wink:

At 1.7 million miles you’ve had good use out of it! I agree with shadowfax that the sugar will not do any serious damage. His advice is as good as it gets.

I agree with shadowfax on the gas, but only partly for the transmission. I don’t think the sugar will dissolve in ATF either, but you should drop the pan and clean it out, then replace the filter and pan gasket, Refill and it should be OK.

I believe that sugar will dissolve in the coolant and it has about the same affect as salt, it is very corrosive so the coolant has to be changed ASAP. Do not allow a mechanic to hook the cooling system up to a coolant exchange machine or flush machine as it will contaminate his machine. Drain the radiator and the block and refill.

Plan on changing the coolant a second time in two years instead of the normal 5 years for dexcool or other long life coolant.

Are you absolutely certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that all of these things were sugared?

Given the age and high miles (taking this to mean 170k not a million and change) you may have to write this car off. An engine coolant flush will take care of that area. The transmission is salvageable if you don’t drive it but that means a fluid change.

The fuel system is the priciest of the lot. Sugar can often kill a pump, clog the after pump filter, and plug injectors. Sugar granules are not all the same size. The larger ones get caught on the tank strainer, the next smaller in the external filter, and the smallest make their way to the fuel injector screens. It’s open as to what is needed and how much.

The only cheap way out on the fuel system is a tank draining, line cleaning, new ext. filter, fresh gas, and say a silent prayer to the automotive gods.

The only reason I suggested changing the tranny fluid twice is because it’s possible not all the sugar will be removed with the first drain. Just an insurance policy, really.

Fix the reasons for the animosity first,the way they used to sugar things around here was to make a solution first,apparently this type of sabotage worked-Clean it out,it will work and lock the hood and gas filler