SUVs and Trucks for long legs

I’m 5’11", and in the market for a used mid-size SUV or compact to mid-size truck. I can’t believe the lack of legroom in somoe of these models! I tried to squeeze into a Landrover SE, and my knees were up against the steering wheel.

Does anyone have any experience with SUV’s (Landrovers, Nissans, Toyotas, Acuras, etc) that have at least 41" legroom?

Thank you!!!

Toyota 4Runners and Highlanders accommodate me at 74 inches in height and 32 inch inseam and son at 76 inches and 34 inch inseam. The trick is to also get enough adjustment in the steering wheel as well including tilt and telescoping. If you have too short arms, without enough steering wheel adjustment range your legs will be cramped when you have to move seat forward. Some think it’s just leg room when it’s a combo factor of both upper and lower body accommodation.

If you are willing to look at Land Rover, consider a Chevy/GMC Tahoe/Yukon.

My son is well over 6 feet and he is considering a Toyota Venza Crossover with AWD, since he spends a great deal of time in the mountains. Says it has lots of room.

I am 6’ with all my length in my legs and fit just fine in my CX-9 Mazda. The Highlander I test drove was fine, but less thigh support. For me, I have noticed it is more about thigh support than how far the seat goes.

Have you tried moving the seat back? Many of the new models have power seats so you push the button and the seat moves for you. Try it out and if you can’t make it work, ask the salesman to demonstrate it for you.

Specs mean little, you need to try out a bunch and see what fits your particular combination of legs, body, and arms.

The pain you experienced squeezing into the Landie cannot compare to the pain you would have experienced from the repair and maintenance costs had you bought it…

Stop by the local Bookstore and see if the Consumer Reports New Car Preview issue describes fits for tall people. Being vertically challenged, I’ve never noticed, but it’s worth checking. It might save you a lot of searching.

As per my Knowledge 2013 Kia Optima offers 45.5 inches of leg room for forward passengers

I have a very hard time believing any vehicle’s leg room is cramped for someone that is 5’11". I have an even harder time believing he has a 41" inseam.

41" legroom spec, not inseam.

I guess there are 4 or 5 inches for your feet and rear, but that is still a lot of leg room for someone of average height.

I agree, it may be an unusual combination of leg/body/arm dimensions. That’s why sitting in the vehicle is the only way to know…

I am 6’ 2" tall and have long legs. I am quite comfortable behind the wheel of our 2003 Toyota 4Runner. However, the best way to check driving comfort is to sit in the vehicle and then drive the vehicle. I remember years ago looking at a 1968 Chevrolet C-10 half ton pickup and a 1968 Ford F-100 half ton pickup truck. The legroom for me was much better in the Ford F-100–I was cramped in the C-10.

Mazda CX-5 offers 41 inches of legroom. It’ll be really good on gas, too

@yexases
I am trying to imagine what someone 5’11" with a 41" inseam would look like. He would be a big hit at kids parties dressed in a clown suit and clown shoes I bet.