Check engine light

I have a 2007 Trailblazer, about 70,000 miles. When I get gas at this one particular gas station, about 20 minutes after filling up, my check engine light comes on. (not blinking). Putting two or three gallons of premium gas and a couple of bottles of fuel injector cleaner/gas treatment will make the light go off. Should I just avoid this station, or is there something more serious I should be checking?

Avoid that gas station and make sure your gas cap is tight. A better alternative would be a new gas cap.

Avoid this station, but I seriously doubt of the problem is the gas. “Bad gas” gets blamed for far, far more problems than it actually causes. I’d’ bet lunch that you have other issues going on.

I’d start by getting the ECU checked for stored fault codes. The Check Engine Light is trying to tell you that something is wrong with your engine and it’ll give you an idea what if only you’ll ask.

I’d also get all the maintenance up to date. “Read” the spark plugs when you pull them… if you have the work done, ask the shop to give you the old plugs, photograph them, and post the photos here. How long has it been since you changed the plugs, changed the filters, and all the other stuff anyway?

Post back with the results.