2013 Nissan Altima gets stuck in battery mode

I am the owner of a 2013 Pathfinder and a 2013 Altima. If I have both sets of FOB keys on me when I press the start button on my Altima the car goes into battery mode. Will not completely turn on or won’t turn off. The only way to shut the car down is disconnect the battery, wait 20 minutes, and hope the car is completely shut down. Then try again and hope the car turns on. I was told having both FOB keys on me causes interference and only carry the key I need. Besides that being absurd and can’t do that because I drive my Altima in the morning and the Pathfinder at night to pick the kids up because the car seats are in there. So what I have been doing to avoid this problem is taking the Pathfinder FOB and putting in homemade aluminum foil bag so the car can’t read that key. Nissan seems to think this isn’t a problem. I along with everyone I tell thinks this is crazy. HELP!!!

The aluminum foil bag seems like a pretty good solution to me. It’s not that much of an inconvenience is it? The only other thing I can think of: Ask your dealer if it is possible to change one of the two cars so that one car opens with a plain 'ol key you insert into the lock. Disable the fob technology on one of the car in other words.

Can’t disable fob. Only way to start car is push button.

You should put this in the repair and maintenance section, not the show section.