Timing Belt for Lexus RX300

Thank you to everybody
Friday i had a new price from a car shop that i used for tires and they are local family Father and sons in town for many years in Pompano Beach Florida.
they told me there is a kit with 3 belts and water pump for Lexus RX300 the kit with labor will be around $700.00,Also in the Lexus manual they are saying to replace the timing belt between 90,000 and 95,000 miles if you are living in snow area, if you carry a trailer. I live in Florida and my driving Highways and cities.

Actually, in the hot climate of Florida, parts largely composed of rubber–like a timing belt–will deteriorate faster than in a colder climate. However, the biggest missing piece of this puzzle is the age of this vehicle.

If you look closely at the maintenance schedule for your vehicle, you will see that there is an elapsed time factor, as well as an odometer mileage factor, for almost all maintenance procedures. For instance, the “every 90k miles” recommended interval is probably followed by words more or less to this effect “…or every 7 years, whichever comes first”.

How old is this mystery Lexus?

Lexus RX300 2001 95,000 miles

So you’re 4+ years overdue to change it.
In Florida I would have changed it at 5 or 6 years.
With the resulting low mileage maybe change the water pump, tensioner etc. every other belt change to save a few bucks.

good price. you are overdue for a new timing belt. I don’t believe you have an interference motor. Which means when the belt breaks the motor stops immediately making some nasty noises. But, there is usually no damage to pistons and valves.

There is no opportune time for this to fail on its own. You should get the belt, tensioners, and water pump replaced ASAP. As a bonus, you should also get new coolant. Check the radiator hoses to see if they are soft and bulging. If so, replace them as well.

Thank you very much

I just don’t think I will ever buy a vehicle that needs a $700 repair at 90K. Of course, you never know what might go wrong in that number of miles. I drove a '96 Dodge van 135K miles in 15 years and never spent that much on it.

A timing belt is not a repair, it’s maintenance.
Even though it’s one of the most reliable out there a Lexus is still a luxury car and upkeep will be more expensive.
A Dodge van isn’t a luxury car.

Ok everybody thank you again for your help the car will go tomorrow for the belts and water pump,And after that i can have a good time going to the Florida Keys for few days.Fishing time and lobsters time.