Fusible link

one morning my car was spitting and sputtering then ran fine once the engine light went off. So i took it to autozone to check battery and they said it was dead and fusible link, even though no battery light was on. Afterwards i realized fusible link was fine because the battery light was never on and positive terminal was the issue. Ever since they put in the new battery and fusible link now the fusible link keeps blowing. the one thy put in lasted 1 day, then I had the positive terminale and fusible link replaced at hyundai dealer which last 6 days then link broke again. i replace the link, start the car no battery light, i shut the car off and turn it back on, and link breaks again. I have tried this 3 times. I did make sure no wires were under battery and all bolts were tight. I know some ppl say alternator but that is on opposite side of car and fusible ilnk is on top of battery. there was no issue with the fusible link before replacing, which is why i can’t see it being the alternator. If anyone else has ever seen this or have an idea what it could I would appreciate the help.

Hyundai Sonata
Model-Year ?

CSA

The fusible link is very likely to be in the charging circuit between the battery and the alternator. If that is correct then the main lead on the alternator will have no voltage on it if the link is blown and engine is OFF. Normally that lead is hot at all times. It sounds like the current running through the link is going over the limit slightly for some reason. The alternator may have some bad diodes in it. Check the AC ripple voltage across the battery while the engine is running and the link is ok. There should be no more than .1 volt AC if the alternator is ok.

There’s not nearly enough known without car in hand to even hazard a wild guess but I would not blame anyone for creating this problem. Your car apparently developed a problem that started the ball rolling and it’s going to take a methodical approach to finding the problem.

This car suffered a problem which led to your tinkering with it along with “they” (AutoZone?) replacing the battery and link.
You then had a Hyundai dealer perform such a mundane job as replacing a cable end/fusible link and now want to say the problem surfaced after they touched your car? Not.

And it could be a shorted alternator. At some point it’s going to have to be carefully checked out by someone who knows automotive electrics.

Don’t be fooled by the alternator being on the other side of the engine compartment; it and the fusible link are both in the same circuit. As is the entire rest of the car.

The possibilities here are that the alternator has a short or blown diodes in the rectifier portion and (1) failed to keep the battery charged causing it to become dead (2) blew the fusible link, which erratic spikes in current will do.

It’s also possible that the battery became so depleted and dead that it caused the alternator to fail.

It’s also possible that you have an electrical problem that’s continuing to blow the link and may have damaged the alternator.

At some point some diagnosis is going to be necessary as to the root cause of the problem. My money right now is on the alternator.