My aunt is offering me a free 1968 Buick Riviera, 455 cu v8. It needs a new battery and hoses, which she will provide.
Here are the facts:
1. I live in Chicago, I'm a recent college graduate, with a moderately employable degree and a long-term temp job.
2. The car will be used mostly for city driving, with a little bit of highway use.
3. The car has not been regularly driven.
4. I will have to drive the car from Nebraska to Chicago
5. The car gets 15-18mpg.
6. I LOVE the look of this car and am willing to put a few hours per week of maintenance into it.
I don't know a lot about vintage cars, and am not sure about the facts on this particular model. What would be the cost of maintenance per year?
Any information you can share about this car would be great!