Dodge Dakota with screwy oil pressure gauge

Hey, I have a 99 Dodge Dakota with a v6. It has about 129,000 miles on it. I’ve done regular maintenance on it for the past few years. A few months ago it started acting up again. Whenever I would hit the brakes hard or take off from a light quickly or take sharp corners the oil pressure would drop to 0 from 40-60 (where it normally operates). The idiot lights would go off, I would freak out for a minute, then before I could figure out what was going on, the oil pressure would return to normal.

Fast foward two months. Now as I am driving the truck, whenever i take a slight corner, or brake, or even drive down a hill the oil pressure drops in dramatic fashion and raises just as quickly. It’s like the gauge is just taking breaks every few minutes, then returning to work. I hope its the oil pressure gauge, I’m not the most mechanically inclined but I can wrench around a bit. I’ve looked around on the internet and talked to some mechanic friends. Most of the answers Ive gotten were about the oil pump. I’ve had some people tell me my engine block is cracked!

I dont really know what is going on with it. It drives ok, still runs as well as a truck with 130k miles would, doesnt leak any oil or fluid. It is baffling to say the least. Any help would be greatly appreciated sirs, thanks!

ps love the show.

Henry in tallahassee

Have a mechanical gauge put on it temporarily to verify whether the oil pressure is indeed dropping, or if it’s a sensor issue.