Hello All! I have been having an overheating issue with my 2002 PT Cruiser for the past several months. I have tried numerous repairs and so far no luck. THe car has 76K miles. Here is a list of what has been done so far:
1. Replace Thermostat
2. Replaced Radiator cap
3. Replaced ECT Sensor
4. Checked for exhaust gasses in coolant (negative)
5. Replaced High and Low speed Relays
6. Checked radiator fan motor by jumping directly to battery, both high and low speed work.
7. Checked radiator temp with IR thermometer, temp variance not greater than 15 degrees over entire surface area.
8. Replaced engine coolant.
9. Checked for vapor lock in system (negative)
I am at a loss as what could be the problem. The car tends to overheat more at slower speeds and with the air on than at higher speeds. In all cases turning the heat on high pulls enough temp from the engine to keep it under control.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.