2004 Chevy Cavalier Mystery No Start

Hi,

I have a 2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, auto, 160,000 miles on it. I take very good care of the car and keep it faithfully maintained. Unfortunately, I have had a ton of probelms with this car.

I have a mystery no start problem. Each time (3 times now)the problem has occured after having the car worked on. When I get in and turn the key, everything comes on just fine, all the proper dash lights and all that,but nothing happens. No clicking noise, no nothing. I might as well be putting it on accessory.

I have had the car taken in and diagnostics done, the first time the diagnosis was a dead battery. Other than that the electrics are fine. Battery was only a year and a half old.

A few days after getting it back. It did it again. I was going to take it back but after it sat for a few hours it started fine. This was on a really hot day. For a couple of months it was just fine, then-

last week, it did it again (it’s cold out here now). This time it sat for a couple days and I tried to start it a few times, but nothing happening. So I had it taken in, this time to a new garage, and guess what? They bring it inside and it starts! And I had just tried it right before the tow truck driver came.

So these guys did a diagnostic, checked for loose wires, etc. Took it for a drive, everything. Couldn’t get it to do it for them.

After all the repeat issues on this car, I am not surprised.

Any Ideas?