New Tires - Infiniti G35 2007 - what is good tire?

I have a 2007 Infiniti G35 4 door sedan. The tires that came on the car are p225/55r17 95V. I rarely go in excess of 80 mph and a tire that is safe up to 90 or 95 mph would be fine for me.

Does anyone have recommendations on good tires that would not be as expensive as the 95V but would do well for my car? I live in Atlanta, GA so something good in rain would be nice but we get very little snow/ice here. Also, I do not drive too much per day - usually less than 20 miles, although I do take a few road trips throughout the year (usually 7 hours or less). Thanks!

TireRack.com has lots of information about tires, including tests and customer reviews of various brands and types of tires.

I’m sure the information on TireRack will help you decide which tire is right for you.

With that size you’ll be getting a moderate performance tire, regardless. There are reasonably priced ones available, you can find lots of info at tirerack.com. I just put a set of Yokohama Avid H4s tires on my ES300, and am very satisfied.

Edit-I got the Avids at Discount Tire, which I see is also in the Atlanta area.

Any thoughts on Toyo Spectrum 95T tires for this car (Infiniti)? Thanks for the tips :slight_smile:

There are reasons beyond the speed rating as to why V or Z rated tires are chose by the manufacturer. V/Z tires tend to be sticker and grip the road better. Obviously you were after performance at least in some respect when you decided on this car. And as I’ve said many times before, you bought a high end car, expect to spend accordingly when it comes to upkeep and maintenance. It’s kinda like going to a 4 star restaurant and then ordering a hot dog. Sure you can do it, but it doesn’t make much sense.

Anyway. I recommend the BFG G-Force Sports, Michelin Pilot Sports, or Yokohama S. Drives. Expect to pay around $110-$170 per tire.

I have Toyo Proxes TPT tires on my Acura CL and I’ve been generally pleased with them. They are not going to last as long as I’d hoped, but that’s my only complaint.

I have Bridgestone Turanza LS-T tires on my Subaru and I’m also quite happy with them. They do not seem to be wearing much at all, and provide excellent traction wet or dry. I may put Turanzas on my Acura when the Toyos wear out.

Here’s my advice: Don’t buy tires on price. You’re almost guaranteed to be disappointed.

Buy a best quality tire you can afford, you’ll be much better off, and much happier, in the long run. Tires are not the place to scrimp. EVERYTHING your car does depends on the tires. The tires contribute to ride quality, noise, handling, braking, steering, and on and on.

You bought a nice car, don’t ruin it with cheap tires.

First off…keep the same rated tire as what you already have. You may not ever drive that fast, but a lower rated tire won’t handle the same. Not that’s it’s bad, but something to be aware of.

Lot of good tires out there. Last year we put on Cooper all season tires on my wifes Lexus ES 350…EXCELLENT tires. I’d highly recommend them.

Is road noise acceptable with your OEM tires? Be aware that you could end up with more noise if you don’t do your homework. A site like TireRack can help you find tires that are a good match for your needs. Look at the ratings in detail and rank the tire qualities that are important to you. Here are 6 all-weather performance tires for you to look at:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=PAS

I would only look at all-weather tires. You get enough ice in Atlanta that summer tires aren’t realistic.

Cooper fell off my list. Many of their tires are now “Made in China”, sadly.

The tires on my wife’s car are a similar size and profile. We pulled off the original tires (Continentals) and put on Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons. Not cheap, but we love these tires! Quiet, smooth, precise handling in all conditions. They seem to be holding up quite well for the type of tire they are.

All four of our cars have Michelins from Costco, and I checked one day and found that all those tires were made in USA or Canada. I think the Pilot Sports were made in USA.

I just checked the tires on my 4runner…says made in the US…I’ll check my wifes tires when I get home.

After doing a google search…I found a few articles saying that Cooper is now manufacturing tires in Chine for the Chinese market. They bought a tire company in China to make the tires for the Chinese market. As far as I can tell…tires sold in the US are made here in North America (US, Canada and Mexico).

http://coopertire.com/html/company/news_newsreleases_archive.aspx?tab=7&rtId=2&rId=690

Have you found Discounts rating method (they give their tires 1 to 5 “stars”) of any value?. What I mean is do you think when a tire gets 5 stars it deserves them? unlike many “Car of the Year Awards”.

Why I question is that I am running a “1 star” tire on my 2004 F-150(OEM tire) and its still OK at 78K. Discount said this tire should not go more than 35K.

I haven’t paid much attention to the stars. I do most of my research at tirerack.com, then see if Discount has the tires I want.